Atlanta
Errands dominate life in Atlanta. We've been to several different shoe stores, clothing retailers and REI twice, not to mention the bookstore, CVS and other temples of commerce that have eluded my memory. We're finally (I'm writing this Monday night) close to being done - just a stop at AMEX, for travelers checks, and a stop at the post office, and, well, packing, separate us from leaving. And a few other sundry things to do around the house. But by Wednesday evening I'm confident that we really will be ready to leave. I would not have said that two days before our original departure date.
We have not had much time for tourism here, so Meryl will have to wait until next summer to see the zoo, some local Indian sites, the art museum and other spots that I had hoped to show her. But I'm not too disappointed - we have several months of sight-seeing on a whole different scale ahead of us.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home